Mobile unit worker
Are you passionate about animals, you love being on the road and you don’t like your days to be routine?
The facilitator position is perfect for you!
The members of the mobile unit team are responsible for managing the various interventions in the field, transporting the animals, carrying out prevention and awareness-raising, and ensuring the regular maintenance of the vehicles.
These people must work as a team with other staff members and sponsor interns and may have to temporarily perform the duties of another position when required.
Like all Proanima employees, the worker must respect the company’s mission and ethics at all times and participate in the continuing education program.
Act during field interventions;
- Handle animals;
- Reassure the different clienteles, be polite and empathetic;
- Manage urgent situations in the field;
- Drive the mobile unit truck;
- High school diploma or college diploma;
- Hold a valid driver’s license;
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Analytical skills, reliability, autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Care and respect for animals essential;
- Good physical shape;
- Good team spirit;
- Excellent customer service;
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Experience with domestic animals and/or wildlife;
- Training and knowledge related to animals and canine behavior an asset;
- Training and knowledge related to legal laws an asset;
Job-related experience: 1 to 2 years;
Starting salary: To be discussed
Full-time work schedule (37.5 hours / week) variable and rotating between the employees of the intervention team to cover weekdays, evenings and weekends
Rotating call schedule for night, evening and weekend emergencies
Your shift will mainly start at the Boucherville branch, but you may be called upon to start at the St-Jean-sur-Richelieu shelter as needed.
The worker will have to travel on the road between our branches in Boucherville, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and to get to the various places of intervention using company vehicles.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Comprehensive and advantageous group insurance;
- Retirement savings program with employer contribution;
- Discounts on pet products and food;
- Discounts on veterinary care;
- Uniforms provided;
- Recognition activities (lunch, contest, etc.);
- Free parking with access to an electric charging station;
- A stimulating work environment in a full shelter clinic;
- A passionate team dedicated to the animal cause;
- A growing organization;
Please complete the form by clicking on the button below or send a motivation email to firstname.lastname@example.org