In accordance with the application of Law 25 regarding the protection of personal information, Proanima has established a data security program as well as a designated officer. If you wish to contact us or if you have encountered a cybersecurity issue, please contact us at email@example.com.
This policy describes the information we collect from you and what may happen to that information. We operate according to the privacy protection practices described in this policy and, subject to the requirements of applicable law, strive to provide you with a consistent set of privacy protection practices. By accepting the policy, you expressly consent to the use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
“Personal information” includes any information about an identifiable person. The personal information that Proanima may collect includes, among others, but is not limited to:
- Date of birth, age, gender, citizenship;
- Phone number;
- Residential address;
- Email address;
- IP address;
- Credit card information, money order, or check;
- Banking information for donors who make monthly donations through automatic bank payments;
- Any other personal information we have not requested (such as personal information you voluntarily provide to us in an email or by sharing your comments through our site).
Use and disclosure of your information
The information you choose to share with us is managed with great confidentiality. Regarding this policy, we do not sell any of your personal information to third parties or other external service providers, for marketing purposes or other purposes. We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our services;
- To manage our relationship with you and the delivery of our customer service;
- To identify you in our system;
- To manage our organization and its activities;
- To respond to questions you send through the site, by email, chat, or phone;
- To contact you for fundraising purposes;
- To provide and assess the programs you are enrolled in;
- To collect payment for your donations, registration fees, or your online purchases;
- To issue tax receipts, where applicable;
- To improve the site and facilitate the development of new services, tools, and features on the site that meet your needs;
- For any other purpose permitted or required by law.
The user’s personal information will not be used without their consent for purposes other than those for which it was collected, in accordance with applicable laws. In certain specific circumstances, personal information may be used and disclosed to third parties, including:
- Legal obligation or legal requirement.
Your information is stored and processed on computers located in Canada. We use procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access or disclosure, to protect your privacy. We use various security techniques to protect this data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company.
Notice of modification
We may modify this policy at any time by posting the modified terms on Proanima.com. All modified terms will automatically take effect upon their publication on our website.
- AEC: This cookie is essential for our site’s security and to prevent the reuse of authentication tokens.
- __stripe_mid: This cookie is used by our payment partner Stripe to prevent fraud and ensure secure transactions.
- wp-wpml_current_language: This cookie is necessary to maintain your language preferences on our multilingual site.
Performance and Analytical Cookies
- _ga and _ga_DY4QLYNKZG: These cookies are used by Google Analytics to collect anonymous information on how visitors use our site. This data helps us improve our site and your user experience.
- 1P_JAR and IDE: These cookies are used by Google to personalize the ads presented to you on our site and to track conversions.
- _gcl_aw and _gcl_au: These cookies are also used for conversion tracking and ad personalization.
- NID: This cookie is used by Google to store your preferences and other information, such as your preferred language, the number of search results you wish to display per page, and whether you want to enable Google’s SafeSearch filter.
Verification, feedback, or complaint
The user may request to know, correct, or cancel personal information held about them. If you have any concerns or questions regarding the respect of your privacy or the protection of your personal information, please contact Danuta Ulatowska, CPA | Director – Administrative Services, at the following contact details:
By using this website, the user acknowledges having read, understood, and accepted the terms and liability limitations described in the sections above.